Action Learning is a powerful process to help groups work on real problems and learn as individuals, teams and organisations. But it is a real skill to manage and facilitate these effectively.
This course will boost your confidence, sharpen your facilitation skills, and equip you to facilitate Action Learning Sets in a wide range of settings. It is practical and relevant to anyone who wants to add to their portfolio of tools and approaches.
Blended virtual course
This innovative course is currently delivered as a blended course with online learning, virtual workshop sessions and extensive online resources for the Action Learning Facilitator to use when managing Action Learning Sets.
The workshops sessions are very practical and experience orientated, with a full Action Learning Set demonstration by the trainer and many opportunities for the delegates to experience and practise the skills.
The online resources include both guidance and forms for the facilitator and document templates to hand out to Action Learning Set members.
The virtual workshop sessions are typically delivered as six 90 – 105-minute sessions over 3 half-days.
The total learning hours are approximately 14 hours.
At the end of the programme the participants will be able to download their own personalised certificate to demonstrate their new skills.
The course is also available as an in-person course over 2 or 3 days and can be customised based on the participants’ coaching and prior facilitation experience.
By the end of this development programme the Active Learning Facilitators will be able to:
- Describe the principles of Action Learning Sets and the value added when using them in a business or across a peer network
- Identify and practise the principles and processes associated with Action Learning.
- Utilise the skills, thinking and behaviours required for effectively facilitating Action Learning sessions.
- Adopt effective listening and questioning skills when facilitating Action Learning Sets.
- Create safe and confidential learning environments suitable for effective Action Learning.
- Manage Action Learning Sets and members within them.
- Competently run Action Learning Sets with peer groups through the application of Action Learning principles, tools and approaches, producing tangible outcomes and actions for group members.
- Effectively utilise virtual mediums to run Action Learning Sets.
- Download a personalised certificate of completion.
Costs and payment
The cost for a standard in-house virtual course for up to 8 participants is £4,000.
- The fee will be invoiced when the course has taken place.
- Please add VAT and expenses to the above fee.
- If a significant amount of tailoring is required additional course design costs may need to be added.
- Payment is due 2 weeks after invoice date.
As this course includes a number of conversation exercises, where the trainer also observes and provides feedback, we suggest that the number of participants for a workshop should be between 5 and 8.
Contact us to arrange your in-house course
Please fill in and submit the form below. We will then contact you to discuss your requirements.Here at Quiver Management we take your privacy seriously and we will only use the personal contact information you submit here to contact you about the services you have requested information about. Please use the following link if you wish to find out more about our Privacy Notice.