No future course dates scheduled. Please contact us to express your interest in future courses
This one-day intensive workshop is designed specifically for lawyers in law practices and operating as in-house lawyers. It will show how you can use powerful interpersonal skills and techniques, used by professional coaches, to improve your clients’ and your understanding of their personal motivation and business goals. They will help you connect with your clients (or colleagues) on a deeper rational and emotional level and build strong rapport and trusted relationships.
Technical expertise, knowledge and experience will arguably only take you so far. Developed interpersonal skills can make the difference between a good lawyer and a great lawyer with a strong client base (and influence as General Counsel). The deeper client and colleague relationships and understanding of their needs will often reveal more opportunities for you to help your clients and they will also be more willing to engage with you as their trusted adviser.
The course participants will learn
- The benefits of using coaching conversation techniques as a lawyer
- Purposeful listening and observation techniques for improved understanding of your clients’ views, perceptions and reality
- High quality questioning to help increase the clients’ self-awareness and facilitate their thinking and decision making
- How to uncover clients’ personal and business goals
- How to build strong rapport and relationships with your clients
- How to use the increased understanding and deeper rapport to advise and support your clients more effectively
The training workshop is customised for law professionals. It is interactive and practical; mixing theory with conversation exercises. The participants will also receive a course workbook with descriptions of the models and techniques shared during the workshop.
The Law Society of Scotland Partnership
This course is run on behalf of the Law Society of Scotland.
CPD for Lawyers
The course provides 6 hours of verified CPD for Scottish Solicitors.
The cost for non-members of the Law Society of Scotland is £330 plus VAT per person
The cost for Scottish Solicitors is £275 plus VAT per person.
Members of the Law Society of Scotland should book their place(s) directly with the Society by following this link to register.
- The workshop opens for registration at 9.00 for a 9.30 start.
- The workshop finishes at 16.30.
- More detailed instructions will be provided approximately 4 weeks prior to the course date.
- For more information, please contact Jan Bowen-Nielsen on 07732 786 456
- The fee covers the non-residential 1-day workshop including lunch, refreshments and materials.
- After payment of the fee you will receive a confirmation of your place(s) on the course.
- The course is subject to a minimum number of 8 people signing up to this course. If less people are signed up, Quiver Management reserves the right to cancel the course.
- In the event of cancellation Quiver Management will offer the attendees to attend a future scheduled course or a full refund of the course fees.
- Cancellations received more than 8 weeks before the course date will be refunded less 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations received between 4 and 8 weeks before the course date will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received less than 4 weeks before the event will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.