Good communication skills are key to success in work, life and relationships. Indeed, research usually rates communication skills as the most important skill in the workplace.
This 1-day workshop will give you an understanding of how communication works, what gets in the way and provide a practical tool set to help you communicate more effectively with clients and colleagues.
The session will be interactive and practical; mixing theory with conversation exercises. All participants receive a course workbook with descriptions of the models and techniques shared on the day.
- How communication works
- Understanding the receiver / audience
- Barriers and filters in communication
- Effective listening
- Communicating with purpose
- Communicating with different personalities
- The importance of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Building rapport to improve communication
The cost for non-members of the Law Society of Scotland is £345 plus VAT per person
The cost for Scottish Solicitors is £295 plus VAT per person.
Members of The Law Society of Scotland should book their place(s) directly with the Society by following this link to register.
To book more than one place, enquire about bespoke and/ or in-house training please email CPD@lawscot.org.uk
- The workshop starts at 9.00 and finishes at 16.30.
- More detailed instructions will be provided approximately 4 weeks prior to the course date.
- We recommend booking early as our courses fill quickly
- For more information, please contact Jan Bowen-Nielsen on 07732 786 456
- Payment terms
- Full payment is required to secure a place on the course.
- Cancellation by Quiver Management
- The course is subject to a minimum number of people signing up to this course. Quiver Management reserves the right to cancel the course.
- In the event of cancellation Quiver Management will offer the attendees to attend a future scheduled course or a refund of the course fees.
- Cancellation by participants
- Cancellations received more than 4 weeks prior to the course is subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the course fee.
- Cancellations received between 0 days and 4 weeks prior to the programme start date are subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the course fee.
- There is no charge for transferring to an alternative course date provided the request is received at least 8 weeks prior to programme start date and an alternative course date within the next 9 months is identified.
- Requests for transfers received between 4 and 8 weeks prior to the programme start date are subject to a transfer fee of 20% of the course fee.
- Requests for transfers received with less than 4 weeks’ notice cannot be accommodated.
- If a participant fails to attend the course workshop without prior notification the full fees are non-refundable.